Financial Data Analyst (Employee Benefits)
- - Market Analysis & Informatics
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Benefits include working with a great, talented and collaborative team; ongoing training and development; tuition reimbursement; medical; dental; vision; life; long-term disability; short-term disability; flexible savings accounts; critical illness; business travel accident, paid time off; paid volunteer time off; paid holidays; 401(k) retirement plan match; wellness incentives; and E.A.P. services and more!
Are you interested in joining a successfully growing organization that has been recognized repeatedly as one of Indiana's Best Places to Work and one of the 25 fastest growing companies in Indiana?
Apex Benefits offers our employees competitive benefits, a collaborative team environment, advanced training and development. Apex Benefits focuses exclusively on employee benefit programs to provide our clients the health and wellness plan that best meets their individual needs. Our team helps some of Indiana's most-respected organizations offer benefit plans that fit their culture, objectives, and budgets. The value of the services we provide is evident; Apex Benefits has more than doubled in the number of clients, amount of revenue, and size of staff--even during one of the toughest economic periods in recent history. Apex Benefits offers employers innovative tools and personalized resources to help build a health and wellness strategy that benefits employees, manages compliance, risk and costs and helps achieve successful business results. Our advisors and client advocacy team use a different approach in matching plans with clients. We study data about our client's patterns to help formulate a plan tailored to their particular needs. It is our job to create a benefits plan that is as unique as the people in their company. Our team truly cares about finding the best solution for our clients. Apex Benefits was founded in 2003 and is a privately-held company headquartered in Indianapolis, IN. We have satellite offices in northwest Indiana, Louisville, KY and are actively expanding.
Our Mission: Empower organizations and inspire employees through customized benefit solutions, health-focused engagement and human capital strategies.
Compile and review client specific health plan utilization data and trends using benefit plan design, claims analysis and predictive modeling software to understand current trends and future risks for client populations. The analyst partners with the client services team to develop health management and cost containment strategies to best meet the unique needs of each client, their business and employees.
In addition to using the internal claims database warehouse and predictive modeling software for the benefit of clients, the analyst is a content expert and resource for internal staff and prospective clients. The analyst works closely with internal staff, attends prospect meetings as needed and assists in the development of customized financial reports.
Summary of essential job functions/responsibilities
- Coordinate data files with carriers and vendors
- Develop Apex branded monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting using predictive modeling software programs available
- Research, compile and analyze appropriate and relevant data and make recommendations
- Create financial models and projections using claims experience provided by carriers
- Assist advisors and service team with client presentations, and recommendations
- Collaborate with Population Health Management team to identify employer specific trends and recommendations
- Develop sales and prospect presentations and marketing materials in collaboration with the marketing department
- Create and maintain both paper and electronic files with client appropriate documentation including tracking the receipt of appropriate reports and reviewing them for accuracy
- Provide client summaries to Apex Benefits leadership
- Adhere to standards of quality established by Apex Benefits
- Create ad-hoc reporting as requested by account team
- Calculate premium equivalence and assist in determination of employee contributions
- Model benefit plan design options for employers to assist in decision-making
- Bachelor's degree required; finance, actuarial science, mathematics or similar field preferred
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Access; project and database management preferred
- Experience with reinsurance contracting preferred
- Proven ability to be collaborative with strong multi-tasking skills
- A demonstrated aptitude for learning new software applications, questioning and exploring data abnormalities
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and work within a team environment
- Ability to create presentations, reports and new processes
- Ability to employ strong, effective problem solving skills
- Possess proven listening and discovery skills
- Have strong organizational, time management and analytical ability
- Must have ability to write and orally communicate in a professional manner
- Must have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and be goal oriented
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work productively and proactively without supervision
- Be a team player who contributes positively to the client management team effort and be willing to help other teammates when needed
- Capable of maintaining confidential information
- Able to respond to change positively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Apex Benefits Group, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media