Population Health Specialist / Health Coach
- - Population Health
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Benefits include working with a great, talented and collaborative team; ongoing training and development; tuition reimbursement; medical; dental; vision; life; long-term disability; short-term disability; flexible savings accounts; critical illness; business travel accident, paid time off; paid volunteer time off; paid holidays; 401(k) retirement plan match; wellness incentives; E.A.P. services and more!
Are you interested in joining a successfully growing organization that has been recognized repeatedly as one of Indiana's Best Places to Work and one of the 25 fastest growing companies in Indiana?
Apex Benefits offers our employees competitive benefits, a collaborative team environment, advanced training and development. Apex Benefits focuses exclusively on employee benefit programs to provide our clients the health and wellness plan that best meets their individual needs. Our team helps some of Indiana's most-respected organizations offer benefit plans that fit their culture, objectives, and budgets. The value of the services we provide is evident; Apex Benefits has more than doubled in the number of clients, amount of revenue, and size of staff--even during one of the toughest economic periods in recent history. Apex Benefits offers employers innovative tools and personalized resources to help build a health and wellness strategy that benefits employees, manages compliance, risk and costs and helps achieve successful business results. Our advisors and client advocacy team use a different approach in matching plans with clients. We study data about our client's patterns to help formulate a plan tailored to their particular needs. It is our job to create a benefits plan that is as unique as the people in their company. Our team truly cares about finding the best solution for our clients. Apex Benefits was founded in 2003 and is a privately-held company headquartered in Indianapolis, IN. We have satellite offices in northwest Indiana, Louisville, KY and are actively expanding.
Our Mission: Empower organizations and inspire employees through customized benefit solutions, health-focused engagement and human capital strategies.
Works in partnership with population health management and client services teams to develop, implement and evaluate comprehensive wellness programs for clients.
Summary of essential job functions/responsibilities
- Develops programs and tools for clients that are designed to improve the health, productivity and culture of their employee population
- Delivers onsite group health education sessions as well as individual health coaching
- Implements, promotes, and evaluates incentive programs that encourage population participation and retention
- Coordinates wellness activities for assigned clients leveraging Apex, vendor and community resources as necessary
- Creates and leads wellness committees for assigned clients
- Coordinates health screenings and various health improvement programs and seminars.
- Bachelor's degree is required; health and/or wellness related field preferred
- Health-related certification(s) preferred: Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES); Certified Health and Wellness Coach (WellCoach or ACE); ACSM Certified Personal Trainer (CPT)
- Bilingual (English and Spanish speaking) preferred
- Healthcare experience is preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Proven ability to be collaborative with strong multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment, and produce accurate results while meeting established deadlines
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and demonstrate initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Apex Benefits Group, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media