Senior Account Executive / Consultant - Employee Benefits
- - Client Services
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
- Benefits include working with a great, talented and collaborative team; ongoing training and development; tuition reimbursement; medical; dental; vision; life; long-term disability; short-term disability; flexible savings accounts; critical illness; business travel accident, paid time off; paid volunteer time off; paid holidays; 401(k) retirement plan match; wellness incentives; E.A.P. services and more!
Are you interested in joining a successfully growing organization that has been recognized repeatedly as one of Indiana's Best Places to Work and one of the 25 fastest growing companies in Indiana? If so, come join Apex Benefits!
Apex Benefits, a leading benefits consulting firm headquartered in Indianapolis, is looking for a growth-minded, dynamic, strategic benefits account executive.
Provide outstanding customer service, effective process management and consultative analysis working in collaboration with a Client Advisor to deliver customized solutions on employer health and welfare programs. Serve as the primary technical and operational liaison between Apex Benefits and clients. Manage book of insurance business and serve as the primary contact for retention and growth for large group accounts.
Summary of essential job functions/responsibilities
- Consult with account representatives, carrier representatives, underwriters, business partners and service teams on all aspects of complex benefit programs, alternate funding options and vendor services to meet customers strategic financial and benefit coverage goals
- Combine outstanding relationship building and communication skills to work collaboratively with internal team, external partners and clients to deliver exceptional customer service
- Proactively work to establish and maintain effective client relationships and continually look for ways to add value
- Implement and setup new clients according to established Best Practices at Apex Benefits
- Organize and prepare material for client meetings to be presented by Advisor or Account Executive
- Assist with development of client's short and long range planning strategies and goals
- Monitor client's goals from inception through renewal via execution of the Apex Benefits Service Cycle
- Actively seek opportunities to develop additional lines of coverage for existing clients
- Manage communication, product placement and carrier relations through the renewal process
- Work with chosen vendors setting up client programs timely and efficiently, ensuring that all necessary paperwork is complete and accurate
- Work with Advisors and internal staff to insure superior retention results
- Nurture excellent client relations and consulting best practices regarding client problem resolution and facilitate carrier/client relations
- Create and maintain both paper and electronic files with client appropriate documentation including tracking the receipt of appropriate contracts, agreements, reports and reviewing them for accuracy
- Document customer service notes and action items in our internal database
- Support the completion of legislative plan requirements for clients
- Provide client summaries to Apex Benefits leadership
- Proven ability to be collaborative with strong multi-tasking skills
- Have a minimum of 8 plus years prior employee benefits account management experience with a focus in sales
- Hold appropriate state insurance licenses; industry designations such as CEBS, PHR, SPHR preferred but not required
- Bachelor's degree preferred, high school diploma or GED required
- Able to provide superior customer service
- Ability to employ strong, effective problem solving skills
- Possess proven listening and discovery skills
- Have strong organizational, time management and analytical ability
- Must have ability to write and orally communicate in a professional manner
- Ability to participate in key sales presentations and provide assistance to the sales process
- Must have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and be goal oriented
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work productively and proactively without supervision
- Be a team player who contributes positively to the client management team effort and is willing to help other teammates when needed
- Capable of maintaining confidential information
- Able to respond to change positively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, along with project and database management
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Apex Benefits Group, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media