HealthCare Analyst (Population Health - Health Data)
- - Population Health
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Benefits include working with a team of talented and collaborative professionals; ongoing training and development; tuition reimbursement; medical; dental; vision; life; long-term disability; short-term disability; flexible savings accounts; critical illness; business travel accident, paid time off; paid volunteer time off; paid holidays; 401(k) retirement plan match; wellness incentives; E.A.P. services and more!
Are you interested in joining a successfully growing organization that has been recognized repeatedly as one of Indiana's Best Places to Work and one of the 25 fastest growing companies in Indiana? If so, come join Apex Benefits!
Apex Benefits, a leading benefits consulting firm headquartered in Indianapolis, is looking for another growth-minded, dynamic, analytical professional.
Compile and review client specific health plan utilization data and trends using risk stratification and predictive modeling software to understand current trends and future risks for client populations. The analyst partners with Apex advisors, the client services team and the population health team to develop health management and cost containment strategies to best meet the unique needs of each client, their business and employees. The Health Data Analyst develops customized reports and client dashboards to monitor health plan utilization and results, which includes conducting cost benefit analysis, identification of disease prevalence and gaps in care along with overall financial implications.
In addition to using the risk stratification and predictive modeling software for the benefit of Apex clients, the Health Data Analyst is a content expert and resource for internal staff and prospective clients. The Health Data Analyst leads educational sessions for internal staff, attends prospect meetings as needed for live demos and assists in the development of customized marketing material used to highlight Apex's unique market strategy, consulting services and expertise.
Summary of essential job functions/responsibilities
- Implement and project manage onboarding clients with the analytics platform
- Lead and manage contract negotiations with vendors for data warehouse mining and implement contracts, data file feeds between clients and vendors
- Develop Apex branded quarterly and annual reporting packages using the risk stratification and predictive modeling software programs available
- Research, compile and analyze appropriate and relevant data and make recommendations
- Train and develop team members on how to navigate the software application
- Work directly with the software vendor team on how to evolve the logic within the application to meet the needs of our ever-growing clinical client base
- Create and train new team members to produce annual clinical analysis report for our clients
- Assist advisors and service team with client presentations, and recommendations
- Collaborate with Population Health Team to identify employer specific trends and recommendations
- Develop sales and prospect presentations and marketing materials in collaboration with the marketing department
- Participate and present Apex Analytics for applicable prospects as needed
- Create and maintain both paper and electronic files with client appropriate documentation including tracking the receipt of appropriate contracts, agreements, reports and reviewing them for accuracy
- Documenting customer service notes and action items in our internal database
- Provide client summaries to Apex Benefits leadership
- Adhere to standards of quality established by Apex Benefits
- High School diploma or GED is required, college education preferred
- 2+ years healthcare data analytics experience
- Proven ability to be collaborative with strong multi-tasking skills
- A demonstrated aptitude for learning new software applications, questioning and exploring data abnormalities
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while meeting time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to create presentations, reports and new processes
- Ability to employ strong, effective problem solving skills
- Possess proven listening and discovery skills
- Have strong organizational, time management and analytical ability
- Must have ability to write and orally communicate in a professional manner
- Ability to participate in key sales presentations and provide assistance to the sales process
- Must have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and be goal oriented
- Ability to work productively and proactively without supervision
- Be a team player who contributes positively to the client management team effort and be willing to help other teammates when needed
- Able to demonstrate and maintain an elevated level of confidentiality
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, along with project and database management
- Knowledge in Tableau preferred
- Reliable transportation is required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Apex Benefits Group, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media