Sr. Market Analyst (Employee Benefits)
- Client Services - Market Analyst Team
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- $50,000 - $70,000
- Full Time
Are you interested in joining a successfully growing organization that has been recognized repeatedly as one of Indiana's Best Places to Work and one of the 25 fastest growing companies in Indiana?
The market analyst is instrumental in the process of supporting the client service cycle, the analyst along with the advisor and account executive creates the core client team. The market analyst provides support to the client team through delivery of reporting, regarding the promotion, marketing and retention of the group benefit programs.
Summary of essential job functions/responsibilities
- Responsible for market analysis process for prospects and clients, to include the recommendation for market selection based on client needs, RFP package review and delivery, bid specifications and receipt, appropriateness of market responses, final negotiations and recommendations to be delivered via report for the advisor and client manager to deliver to the client within deadlines stated.
- Listens closely to client team to ensure needs of client are understood; delivers information to clients in way that are easily understood and are of high quality.
- Follow the Apex Benefits preferred method to track all communication which supports and discloses data for client and vendor files, including though not limited to applicable e-mails, proposals, appendix items, spreadsheets.
- Assist clients and carriers with problem resolution, respond to general inquiries, answer phone calls, create and update Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents and adhere to the standards of quality established by Apex Benefits.
- Refines and collects appropriate data for actuarial analysis and ensures its reasonableness and accuracy by coordination within the team.
- Collaborate with advisor and client manager to ensure the accuracy of market risk so that an appropriate coverage plan proposal can be created to meet the needs of both the client and its members.
- Participates in team discussions and decisions, acting as a thought partner for clients
- Prioritizes work and takes ownership of tasks.
- Demonstrates Apex Benefits values and maintains positive working relationship with team members, clients, vendors and contacts.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 4+ years' experience marketing medical and ancillary product lines for small, mid and large employers
- Knowledge of self-funding and reinsurance
- Knowledge of Indiana health market preferred, but not a requirement
- Superior problem solving, analytical ability, attention to detail and customer service skills
- Highly skilled in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Web navigation
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with vendor partners.
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn and interest to work toward team goals
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Professional writing and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, with ability to meet deadlines; ability to work productively and proactively in a minimally supervised environment and follow instructions through project completion
- Ability to plan, organize, and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Capable of maintaining confidential information
- Able to react to change positively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Apex Benefits Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Apex Benefits to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as required by an applicable local, state or Federal law and considers all applicants for all positions without regard to age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, use of guide dog or service animal or any protected characteristic or class protected by law.
Benefits include working with a team of talented and collaborative professionals; competitive compensation including corporate and individual bonuses; ongoing training and development, including free continuing education classes; tuition reimbursement; medical; dental; vision; life; long-term disability; short-term disability; flexible savings accounts; critical illness; business travel accident, paid time off; paid volunteer time off; paid holidays; 401(k) retirement plan match; wellness incentives; E.A.P. services, etc...