Content Marketing and Media Coordinator
- Business Development - Marketing & Communications
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Are you interested in joining a successfully growing organization that has been recognized repeatedly as one of Indiana's Best Places to Work and one of the 25 fastest growing companies in Indiana? If so, come join Apex Benefits!
Apex Benefits is looking for an innovative, growth-minded, high-energy, strategic marketer to support the next phase of our growth. This person will develop and execute marketing content and manage media relationships and be part of a dynamic team working to continually build organizational reputation and top of mind awareness for a thought-leading innovator, exemplary service provider and industry authority. This position is based on the north side of Indianapolis.
Apex Benefits is an independent group benefits brokerage & consulting firm.
The Content Marketing and Media Coordinator will have stellar writing and editing skills and a proven passion for writing. This role is responsible for managing the development of content across digital and print platforms while working with other members of the organization to create, curate, edit, promote and continually evaluate content. This person will think critically, independently and creatively to identify opportunities to most effectively attract our targeted audiences and drive lead generation through content strategy.
Summary of essential job functions/responsibilities
- Responsible for content development including, but not limited to, blogs, presentations, newsletters, social posts, speeches, sales sheets, articles, tools and checklists, whitepapers, eBooks, webinars, op-eds, podcasts, web content, infographics and video
- Leverages data and conducts research to develop editorial and social media calendars consistent with supporting corporate objectives and attracting a qualified audience
- Utilizes effective storytelling to capture the experiences of our external customers through case studies, use cases, and video and written testimonials
- Works cross-functionally with digital marketing to drive qualified leads and convert site traffic through compelling calls-to-action, landing pages and digital advertising, as well as search engine optimization and effective customer journey content mapping
- Assists with managing social presence and engagement across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, developing new and creative ways to generate buzz through content creation
- Continually audits sales and marketing content including its quality and performance; identify and create plans to address gaps in content needs; make data-driven recommendations for new content and/or updates
- Maintains an understanding of industry trends affecting targeted audiences and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategies that target them
- Trains and educates fellow employees on content marketing best practices
- Supports Marketing Director in developing a media relations strategy to earn high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Responds to media requests as requested
- Develops press releases and pitch content ideas as requested
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with the media
- Develops and maintains media lists
- Monitors, analyzes and communicates activity and results on a quarterly basis
- Minimum 5 years of experience in content marketing (agency experience preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, PR, marketing or communications required
- Knowledge of current and emerging content marketing, social media, and content delivery trends.
- Strong writer with generalist with experience across marketing functions preferred (PR, media relations, design, event planning, social media strategy)
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to understand and communicate complex issues in clear, concise language required
- Analytical thinker with ability to spot patterns and trends in content performance and data
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, email delivery platforms, Creative Suite, CRM systems and marketing automation platforms
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media