Account Service Rep - Employee Benefits
- - Client Services
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Are you interested in joining a successfully growing organization that has been recognized repeatedly as one of Indiana's Best Places to Work and one of the 25 fastest growing companies in Indiana? If so, come join Apex Benefits!
Apex Benefits is looking for a talented colleague to provide client service support to assigned accounts to foster positive client relations, account retention, and business development. Ideal candidate is smart, hardworking, approachable, and has knowledge of benefits. This position is based on the north side of Indianapolis.
Apex Benefits is an independent group benefits brokerage & consulting firm.
Responsible for providing exceptional service support to assigned accounts to foster positive client relations, business development and account retention. Represent Client Advisors or Account Executives, as necessary, by providing direct contact with clients.
Summary of essential job functions/responsibilities
- Maintain positive relationships with designated accounts through effective daily/weekly communication both oral and written
- Provide service to internal and external customers service which may include interpreting plan design, researching and resolving phone and written inquiries, resolving claims, benefits and enrollment issues.
- Complete and maintain up-to-date customer service call reports, documenting customer service notes and action items in the CRM system as required
- Identify potential client issues and report them as appropriate to the account team
- Assist with the implementation of new clients including but not limited to preparing materials for open enrollment meetings; obtaining and completing carrier/vendor paperwork to prepare for client signature
- Update CRM system for assigned clients at implementation and renewal
- Create and maintain client information files with appropriate documentation
- Assist with the completion of the tasks included on the New Business and Renewal checklists in accordance with established best practices
- Assist with education, coordination and implementation of new services, carriers and products
- Establish and maintain mutual communication with the account team to stay abreast with client activities
- Assist with the creation of client meeting agendas and meeting summaries
- Demonstrate Apex Benefits core values and maintain positive working relationships with team members, clients, vendors and carrier contacts
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years' experience in a business-to-business account services support role. Experience supporting medical and ancillary insurance related product lines preferred.
- Indiana Life and Health license or the ability to earn one within 6-months of employment
- Minimal travel may be required
- Superior problem solving, analytical ability, attention to detail and customer service skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work productively and proactively to see projects through completion in a minimally supervised environment
- Highly developed reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Conscientious, diligent work ethic
- Professional writing and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn and interest to work toward team goals
- Capable of maintaining confidential information
- Literacy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Web navigation
- Able to react to change positively and handle other essential tasks as assigned