Pharmacy Benefit Practice Leader
- - Strategic Solutions
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Benefits include working with a great, talented and collaborative team; ongoing training and development; tuition reimbursement; medical; dental; vision; life; long-term disability; short-term disability; flexible savings accounts; critical illness; business travel accident, paid time off; paid volunteer time off; paid holidays; 401(k) retirement plan match; wellness incentives; E.A.P. services and more!
Are you interested in joining a successfully growing organization that has been recognized repeatedly as one of Indiana's Best Places to Work and one of the 25 fastest growing companies in Indiana?
Apex Benefits offers our employees competitive benefits, a collaborative team environment, advanced training and development. Apex Benefits focuses exclusively on employee benefit programs to provide our clients the health and wellness plan that best meets their individual needs. Our team helps some of Indiana's most-respected organizations offer benefit plans that fit their culture, objectives, and budgets.
Apex Benefits offers employers innovative tools and personalized resources, including our ApexRx solutions, to help build a culture of health that benefits employees, manages compliance, risk and costs, and helps achieve successful business results. Our benefits strategists use a different approach in matching benefit plans with clients. We study data about our client's patterns to help formulate a plan tailored to their needs. It is our job to create a benefits plan that is as unique as the people in their company.
Our team cares about finding the best solution for our clients and their employees while reducing the administrative burdens often associated with providing benefits. Apex Benefits was founded in 2003 and is a privately held company headquartered in Indianapolis, IN. We have satellite offices in Bloomington, Fort Wayne, South Bend, Louisville, KY and Chicago, IL and are actively expanding.
The Pharmacy Benefits Practice Leader has leadership responsibility for the ApexRx program and its solutions. They provide direction to our team of Certified Pharmacy Benefits Specialists to ensure the ApexRx program is contributing to improved health and reduced costs for employers we serve. Their role includes innovation and evolution of our practice to address changing marketplace needs and maintain competitive differentiation. This individual works in partnership with population health & analytics, client services and sales teams to develop, implement and evaluate comprehensive pharmacy benefits programs for clients.
Summary of essential job functions/responsibilities
- Provide consultative services for self-funded employers to maximize the value of their pharmacy benefit, including managing contract negotiations and benefit design reviews at renewal
- Develop pharmacy benefits-related programs and tools for clients that are designed to improve the health, productivity and culture of their employee population; disrupting the status quo and addressing the failures of the current pharmacy benefit system
- Work with clients to capture savings available through their current pharmacy benefit management contract, leading re-negotiation efforts to create additional savings opportunities
- Deliver pharmacy benefit sourcing and ongoing monitoring solutions for contracted employers, in partnership with the client services team
- Manage vendor evaluation and vetting process as new pharmacy benefit manager and pharmacy benefit consulting solutions are identified
- Provide advice to clients on new-to-market and high-cost drug situations
- Work with the population health and analytics team to monitor pharmacy claims performance for clients – noting opportunities to engage with clients to improve benefits, address gaps in clinical care or drive cost-savings
- Partner with the population health team to develop clinical interventions that improve patient health outcomes
- Contribute to external affairs and event-related educational outreach in service to employers
- Actively contribute to marketing and sales efforts to communicate the value and impact of Apex's pharmacy benefit program to employers, including direct involvement in the sales process.
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Experience in pharmacy benefits, managed care pharmacy and/or the drug industry required
- Health-related certification(s) preferred: RPh or PharmD
- Experience analyzing clinical and financial health care data and trends
- Excellent people skills; consulting or consultative experiences preferred
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment
- Strong project management skills
- Proven ability to be collaborative with strong multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment, and produce accurate results while meeting established deadlines
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and demonstrate initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Apex Benefits Group, Inc does not discriminate based on age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.